Last fact-checked: 13 September 2020
Create a more youthful appearance with an eyebrow lift. Traveling abroad for cosmetic surgery gives you the chance to make substantial savings, as well as enjoying a break away from home as a medical tourist—with dozens of top destinations around the world to choose from.
Use the Medical Departures site to search by country, city or specific clinic to narrow down your search for affordable eyebrow lift surgery.
What Is an Eyebrow Lift? Am I a Suitable Candidate for Surgery?
The procedure, also known as a forehead lift, essentially works by tightening the soft tissue above the brows via an incision; while the techniques do vary (see further down), the overall aim is always to minimize the appearance of lines, wrinkles and sagging skin.
As we age, the arched appearance of the brow becomes more horizontal, making us look older—and even grumpy. A brow lift can reverse this and restore a more youthful look.
Brow lift surgery may well be for you if you have:
- Excess skin hanging over your eyes
- Deep horizontal lines across your forehead
- Frown lines between your eyes
- A tired or sad appearance because of sagging eyebrows
The Brow Lift Procedure
There are a number of different surgical techniques that will affect the outcome, so you will need to discuss this fully with your surgeon to ensure you will achieve the desired result.
In brief, the different brow lift procedures are:
- Endoscopic brow lift: a long, thin tube (an endoscope) with a camera and light attached is inserted through several small incisions in the scalp, allowing the surgeon to work on the internal structures of the forehead.
- Open brow lift: a long incision is made across the forehead in the hairline or in one of the creases in the forehead. Fat and excess skin is removed and the remaining skin pulled and stitched together to create the new brow position.
- Limited incision: This is a combination of both procedures with resulting scars hidden in the temporal hairline. This technique doesn’t address the center of the brow but is good for crow’s feet.
Brow Lift Procedure Recovery Time
The following considerations should be noted before you decide to go ahead with this surgery:
- Immediately after surgery, you may be given cold packs to reduce swelling around the eyes.
- It is best to sleep in an elevated position for around a week following surgery.
- Bruising, swelling and numbness should begin to subside after five days.
- Sutures will normally be removed after a week.
- Showering and bathing can be resumed the day after your operation but you will need to be very careful when washing and drying your hair.
- You will be able to take part in light activity, including walks, a couple of days after surgery, and most other activities within three weeks. Strenuous activity, including workouts, should be resumed, gently, after a month.
How Much Can I Save on Brow Lift Surgery Abroad?
Most people save at least 60% when booking with Medical Departures; depending on where you travel, savings could be as high as 80% to have your brow lift surgery abroad.
In the United States an eyebrow lift costs around $7,000, compared to:
- Eyebrow lift surgery in the Philippines: approximate price of $1,100
- Eyebrow lift surgery in Thailand: approximate price of $1,500
- Eyebrow lift surgery in Mexico: approximate price of $2,200
Booking with Medical Departures
Browse through our global list of verified eyebrow lift clinics here.
Once you've found a clinic and surgeon, book your free appointment through our site or via the Medical Departures Customer Care Team who can provide you with a free quote. Or if you are ready to book your appointment, you can do so right here any time of the day or night, at no charge to you.
Brow Lift Guide. American Board of Cosmetic Surgery. Website accessed: 11 August 2020.
Brow Lift. Mayo Clinic. 12 October 2019.
Medical Tourism Association. Website accessed: 11 August 2020.